The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my experience with Bountiful Baskets. I will do price comparisons every other week, plus share recipes and tips for using the produce.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pico de Gallo

003

I have decided that I am a big fan of pico.  It is basically a fresh version of salsa.  It is light, crunchy and can have a nice kick to it, depending on what you put in it.  It is also super easy.  Everything just gets chopped up and put in a bowl.  We ate this with tacos tonight. 

Pico de Gallo

2 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced finely
1 handful of cilantro, finely chopped
1 green onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced (three out of the inside of big garlic.  Are those cloves, or is the whole thing a clove?)
juice from 1/2 lime
salt, to taste

Combine everything in a bowl and serve. 

100% of the contents of this recipe came from my baskets last week.  I got the tomatoes from the conventional basket and the rest from the guacamole pack.  Actually, it is more like 99% because I already had the salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment