The purpose of this blog is to keep track of my experience with Bountiful Baskets. I will do price comparisons every other week, plus share recipes and tips for using the produce.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cream-filled Carrot Cake Muffins

Four pounds of baby carrots is a lot of carrots!  I found this recipe for Cream-filled Carrot Cake Muffins on Pinterest and thought it would use up a few.  The problem with grating baby carrots, however, is that it is pretty tedious.  You end up with a lot of short, bite-sized ends.  I guess that’s not a problem, since they are great to snack on.  If your mouth is full of carrots, you’re less likely to eat the filling by the spoonful. 

I followed the recipe exactly, except for my total reckless abandon when it comes to measuring ingredients.  I got fourteen generous sized muffins, instead of the twelve indicated in the recipe.  Something about living at a high altitude makes cakes and muffins rise better.  I thought they turned out great and I will definitely make them again.  Soon, probably.

  

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I think I will make some of these to take to AZ for vacation next week!!!

    ReplyDelete